Sunday 5 May 2013

My Arang and the Magistrate Review

Hey guys!
I just realized that I didn't post a single thing in April; School has been thoroughly kicking my ass.
K so I finally finished Arang and the Magistrate and I have to say- Its probably one of the most bizarre Kdramas I've ever seen ( I think its up there with Padam Padam) but I enjoyed it. I think the writers are very smart and they really sold this alternative universe thing.
I've never seen Shin Min Ah in a movie or drama but I had  heard lots about My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox and I've always thought she was super gorgeous and one of the most beautiful K-actresses ever. And its kinda the same with Lee Jun Ki. I've never watched him in anything but I've heard lots about the stuff he's been in.
When I was watching the first few episodes, I thought Yoo Seung Ho ( the Jade King)  looked ridiculous with that long hair but by episode 8, I found myself swooning over him lol. There's just something about him! I can't wait to see him in I Miss You even though I already know he won't get the girl. Still can't wait to see him anyway :)

































What I liked about this drama, is the fact that it was so different. I liked it because that type of stuff is kind of hard to pull off, in my opinion. When I saw how weird and different it was, I thought I wouldn't be able to emotionally connect with characters but I totally did. This drama was ALOT of things in one but I think the writers did a good job of incorporating everything. I don't really want to go into detail about the story because I don't want to spoil anything but If you're going to watch it, just keep your mind open and enjoy the bizarre, strange and interesting world the writers have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment