Tuesday 30 September 2014

Ailee "Don't Touch Me"


Ailee is hand downs my favorite solo singer/vocalist in Korean music right now (well, she's kinda tied with Hyorin cuz I just I cannot choose one).

I just love how vivacious her music has become is. This songs is so in yo face like "don't touch me. we done. good riddance. buhbye" and I LOVE IT!
 We've seen her grow so much as an artist in such a short amount of time and she has really come into her own.
she's certainly made a name for herself in Korean music cuz HER VOICE. It literally gives me goosebumps and I know i'm not the only one. Its not easy to find a singer that can make you have an emotional response to their music but she does it so (seemingly) effortlessly. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HER OSTS! Even her covers are sooooo good. Like, her cover of "Stand Up For Love" and "One Night Only" gave me so much life.

I'm also glad that Ailee has remained a vocalist till this point. no matter how pop-y her sound gets,  you can still hear that VOCAL TALENT.
I was so disappointed when G.NA went full pop on us. cuz when I heard I'll Back Off So You Can Live, I fell in love with her voice INSTANTLY. I couldn't wait to hear more of her songs. But then she started releasing more Pop oriented songs and I got it; You gotta appeal to the masses but the songs just didn't do anything for me. They weren't really catchy or relatively fun to listen to for me. and..lets just say, it kinda went downhill from there.
Now, Back to Ailee.
one of the top rated comments on the Don't Touch Me MV was talking about how he/she "lost respect for her" because "her dancing was awkward and she's too skinny now".
After reading that I was just like

its one thing to be concerned for her health and safety as a FAN because her method of weight loss was unhealthy. but its another to claim you "lost respect for her" just because she went on a strict diet. EVERYONE has tried one extreme diet or another. It doesn't work for everyone but apparently it worked for her. Are you mad because you once tried it and it didn't work for you??


second of all, ITS HER BODY. let me say it again for the people in the back, ITS HER BODY. Yes, like I said before, the diet she described was unhealthy and risky but if you're on short time budget and you have a comeback coming up,  you're not going to be sitting around eating 6 times a day, drinking tomato juice and spending 3 hours at the gym. NEWSFLASH: that shit is hard! which leads me to last my point:
She.Is.In.the.music.industry! And not just ANY music industry, The KOREAN music industry. Which means the pressure to become a certain size or REMAIN a certain size is very high. do not blame Ailee for the way  the world works. unfortunately,  this is part of it. yes, you get the fans, the endorsements, the CHEDDA e.t.c but there is always a lot you have to give up, like eating delicious food and having a normal love life. Lawd knows I could never deal with that but that's why its HER life and not mine and guess what?  I respect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment