Friday 13 December 2013

To The Beautiful You : Review


First of all, I actually started this drama in August right before school started because I wanted a fun, light, popcorn-y drama to watch before school took all my fun away. I got up to Episode 3 before I decided to drop it lol. I just thought It was a tad bit too.. animated, too unrealistic and too, well, MUCH.

But Ironically, all of that is part of the reason why I ended up LOVING this drama. Once I decided to approach this drama like I was watching a cartoon, my opinion changed drastically! I started to love how silly, bright, ridiculous and flashy this drama was.

Now lets get into the main couple. Just like everybody else, I found Jae Hee SUPER DUPER creepy!! Like this was beyond sesang. I was thinking "This is A LOT for a guy that doesn't even know you". But then towards the middle, I began to understand Jae Hee's perspective. She was basically trying to do the whole "pay it forward" thing and she was being selfless by pretending to be a boy. It wasn't her intention to make him fall in love with her. She didn't even like him like that. She just admired and respected him a lot.

AT First I thought Tae Joon was a major douchebag. But then I reminded myself that he thought Jae Hee was a guy and  guys tend to treat each other more roughly than girls do. It's just in their nature.
I was so happy when he found out that she came all the way to Korea to help him through a difficult time and most importantly, she was girl. He was sooo sweet to her. he was like her knight in shining armor. Aigooo my 12  year old Fangirl Feels are ackin' up again .smh.

Its just that They both worked so hard to protect each other and that was sooo cute to me!! They were like the much needed ride or die for each other and I'm glad that was mutual because I hate when one side of a couple is doing all the work and the other one is just chilling and damsel-ing (this goes for guys and girls in kdramas)

I know some people were like "Cha Eun Gyul is my fave" or. "I only continued to watch cuz of Eun Gyul" or "She should pick Eun Gyul not Tae Joon". But I totally disagreed with all of them.
 I liked Cha Eun Gyul as a friend for Jae Hee so I didn't see any romantic chemistry between them. Like, it just wasn't there. I have to admit, Eun Gyul's crush on Jae Hee kinda creeped me out. (not because of the homosexual factor). Just cuz I was like "You've only known this guy for like 2 weeks and you're already planning your wedding?! Slow down!" but that was the only thing for me. Secondly, we all know Eun Gyul is cute. Thanks for the aegyo but I think he overdid it just a bit. Eun Gyul was like those girls in school that you're good friends with and everyone tells them their soo cute so they always find a way to insert their "cuteness" into everything they do until it becomes annoying.
 Like I said before, I really liked Eun Gyul. Jae Hee wouldn't have survived without him. He certainly deserves gratitude but that doesn't mean she must reciprocate his feelings. I think some people are just meant to be best friends only.

And that picture blogging thing he always did!! Was I the only one that found that a bit... contrived? Like he got punched in the face and he decided to instagram it or whatever website he was on? But okay then. its whatever tho. Stay golden, Cha Eun Gyul.

A lot of people were like "How can they not know Gu Jae Hee is a girl! So stupid." but you have to remember that they live in a society where "flower boys" are normal. like Hello? Kevin from U-kiss!

I rest my case.
Now, time for shout-outs!!
Shout out to Hyun Jae for having a hot face + a hot body

*Don't be afraid to take your clothes off in front of me. please. 

Shout out to Woobie my Boobie for only starring in like 2 episodes but being super flawless the whole time. I'm sorry but I would've picked him in a heartbeat.

*mmmmm... lord knows I would

*Must avoid making inappropriate/semi inappropriate comments
Lastly, shout out to Sulli for being so adorable. Jae Hee was naive and a bit of a bimbo but I still enjoyed her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment