Wednesday 1 January 2014

Annyeong 2014!!!

"This will be the year of ME"
"I'm gonna lose ___ pounds this year "
"Imma get straight As this year, just watch me"
These are things I've said at the beginning of several new years. Before I continue, let me start by saying:



Who else is happy about the prospect of new and interesting things happening to them this year!? And who else is ready to leave 2013 bullshit in 2013? I'm so team 2014 like, 2013 who? I'm waaay too hyped lol.
But anyway back to what I said at the beginning of the post. Those are the things I said to myself year after year and putting sooo much pressure on myself and guess what? I achieved NOT ONE 'EM.


 I know I didn't achieve all the things I wanted to achieve in 2013 but for some reason i'm not too sad about it. I remember at the end of 2012 I was like "Why didn't I do all the things I wanted to do this year? I'm still the same as how I was on January 1st". But now I can admit it, i'm still a work in progress. I don't look much different on the outside but DAMN I have changed so much on the inside like its not even funny. I can confidently say I'm not the same person who started 2013. I feel like I started 2013 as a girl and ended the year as a WOMAN.

 I know that sounds corny as hell but it really is very true. I can't even begin to describe how different I am now. I've become this person that I LIKE. I like me. I've always liked ME but now I reeally like who I've become. I'm unapologetic about my opinions and I physically cannot allow people to mold me into what they want me to become.

But of course I'm still on my quest for the "close-to-perfect" me because I'll be lying if I said i'm 100% content with who I am. Just because I like me, doesn't mean I'm not open to improving me. Yes, I still want to lose weight, yes I still want better skin yes, I still want to improve my grades because like I said before, I'm a work in progress. But I don't feel that PRESSURE I used to feel. I don't feel like I racing against myself any more and that feels great.
Of course, I'm permanently open to the idea of  a life changing experience and just something really good happening to me so that's the cause of my excitement. I seriously can't wait to see what this year brings!!

Soooooo guys,  Cheers to this year being... idk.. just a really fan-fucking-tastic year.




No comments:

Post a Comment