Friday 21 March 2014

Lee Michelle "Without You"



Geez Louise!! I can't begin to explain  how meaningful this song/video is.
I honestly started tearing up before I even clicked play.
I've been waiting and waiting for Lee Michelle's debut since her season of Kpop Star ended. I was reeally looking forward to seeing Supearls debut so when they disbanded, I was really heartbroken.
But now she's here! and her voice is as captivating ever and everything was so beautiful and I just cannot even.

the video features a super adorable little girl playing  lil Lee Michelle and we get a glimpse into what she had to deal with being a blasian person in South Korea.
Seriously, not enough people really know about it and at the same time too many people know.
I really makes me sad  that she had to go through all  that but basically the message of the song (well, the song has 2 messages) is that she doesn't not need anybody's acceptance to feel like she worthy or important and they may say things to hurt her but that doesn't change the fact that she is an awesome person

 and the second message is about going through a break up and realizing that you're fine and happy without that person.
This was such a powerful song and I'm so glad she's getting the opportunity to share her experiences and not just sing a generic, catchy song (although, if she decides to sing said generic and catchy songs, I'll support that too).

No comments:

Post a Comment