Saturday 1 March 2014

You Who Came From The Stars Review


This is only my second time watching a drama while its airing and I can definitely say it has a different feeling. Just waiting every week for new episodes and looking forward to what happens next, it really just adds to the pain of the drama withdrawal.
I think the ending was great. it wasn't too 'happily-ever- after" corny or too "heartbreakingly" sad. It was practical and perfectly bitter-sweet.
This drama made me fall for Kim Soo hyun. Like seriously. can we do a comparison between Do Min Joon and Sam Dong?
 

I remember when I first watched Dream High and I was like "this kid isn't cute at all" then I watched The Moon That Embraces the Sun and I was like " Aigooo he is so friggin ADORABLE" and then now i'm just like "WHY IS HE SO HOT?! I NEED HIM TO FATHER MY CHILDREN LIKE NOW". What can I say? people change ("people" is me lol).

I'm in this weird space where I want to go on and on bout how I loved this drama but  at the same time I don't want to talk too much because I don't want to spoil it for anybody. But I do have some points.

1) I love how self aware the writers were. They knew the concept was a bit out of this world so they didn't take themselves too seriously. I loved all the ET references and those scenes where a character expects Do Min Joon to be able to read minds or whatever and he just gives them that look like "Don't believe everything you see in the movies, Buddy". Those scenes were priceless.

2) Kim Soo Hyun kissing game is on point! I think he might be Lee Min Ho's rival in the Kiss Scene Olympics right now. Just had to let that out.

3) Jun Ji Hyun really makes this character. There's just something about the way she acts ( I initially felt it when I watched The Thieves). I believe I would've liked Song Yi just based on a character description alone but I think Jun Ji Hyun reeeally brought this character to life and made her relatable and endearing. She's just awesome. I can't even describe it. But I also have to give credit to the writers. Song Yi was written brilliantly and I started rooting for her the minute she said


4) Kim Soo Hyun can act his ass off! Those crying scenes really got me. I've always believed he's super talented but he really brought it in this drama! He was simply amazing. I started to see him as a 400 year old alien for real lol. All the awards should be on his shelf right now.

5) Can we just discuss the fact that Ahn Jae Hyun AKA Yoon Jae  is 26 in real life!? This dude got Pharrell Syndrome. For the first couple of episodes I called him "Mini-Kim Woo Bin" cuz he is kinda Kim Woo Bin-esque but then I Googled him and I realized HE'S OLDER THAN KIM WOO BIN. HE'S OLDER THAN KIM SOO HYUN TOO. It's funny cuz his character calls Do Min Joon "Hyung" but I bet Kim Soo Hyun calls Ahn Jae Hyun "Hyung" on set. I felt so lied to when I found out lol. I thought he was like 18 or 19 and I'm usually good at guessing people's ages. Plus, he's been in two music videos that I know of and I didn't even realize it was him (In my defense, Seo In Guk was kinda distracting in Please Don't).

Oppa I'm not distracted anymore!!


6) Lastly, Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun have awesome chemistry together. They were matched perfectly and the age difference really was a non factor. They acted really well as a team and I guess it doesn't hurt that they are both totally gorgeous



 I just had to add this Wedding photo edit cuz its so beautiful and I couldn't scroll past it (shout out to whoever made this! I wish I had your talent.)



No comments:

Post a Comment